LOINC Version 2.48 and RELMA Version 6.6 Available
Current versions of LOINC and RELMA released June 27, 2014.
LOINC 2.48, released: June 27, 2014
RELMA 6.6, released: June 27, 2014
LOINC and RELMA User's Guides: June 2014Go to Available Downloads
Highlights from our best LOINC release yet
LOINC version 2.48 contains 73,889 terms, an increase of 774 since the December 2013 version. Approximately 1300 terms have been edited. A total of 2201 terms have been deprecated.
This release includes over 600 laboratory, 137 survey, and 16 clinical-related new terms.
Some of the new content highlights in this version:
- Over 300 chemistry-related codes for observations such as quantitative analysis of immunoglobulin light and heavy chains, porphyrin fractions in stool (SFr, SCnt), dimethyl acetals (DMAs) in fibroblasts and RBCs, and detection of soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 and placental growth factor in serum.
- Approximately 100 drug/toxicology codes
- Over 60 microbiology codes for tests detecting Influenza virus B lineage RNA, Neisseria meningitidis DNA, HPV DNA, West Nile Virus RNA, Hepatitis E virus RNA, and HIV 1+Hepatitis C virus RNA+Hepatitis B virus DNA, Chikungunya virus antibodies, Dengue virus IgG and IgM antibodies to Dengue virus, and gram positive bacteria, and more.
- New laboratory panels, including:
- HER2 panel (LOINC 74885-5)
- Immunoglobulin light and heavy chains panel (LOINC 74773-3)
- Chloride and sodium panel (LOINC 74993-7)
- Metanephrine and normetanephrine panel (LOINC 74831-9)
- Additional hydrogen breath test panels (LOINCs 74790-7, 74788-1,74789-9)
- Metabolic disorder therapy monitoring panel for newborn screening (LOINC 74874-9)
- Amino acids (SCnc, SRto) in urine panel (LOINC 74514-1)
- Dimethyl acetal in Fibroblasts and RBCs panels (LOINCs 74633-9, 74634-7)
- Chloride and sodium panel (LOINC 74993-7)
- Bacterial vaginosis DNA panel (LOINC 74635-4)
- Olanzapine panel (LOINC 75021-6)
- Gram positive blood culture panel (LOINC 74749-3)
- New veterinary codes related to testing for porcine epidemic diarrhea virus RNA as well as a body condition score for veterinary EHRs.
- Over 100 terms created for the following survey/assessments:
- AHRQ's Healthcare Event Reporting Form (HERF), Patient Information Form (PIF), Summary of Initial Report (SIR), and Device or Medical/Surgical Supply forms (LOINCs 74725-3, 74502-6, 74501-8, 74495-3)
- CDC's Congenital Syphilis Case Investigation and Report form (LOINC 75199-0)
- Norton Scale (LOINC 75243-6)
- Two new progress notes for specialties urology and neurology for clinical documents
- Additional clinical document type codes were reviewed and moved into the DOC.CLINRPT Class in order to be included in the LOINC Document Ontology File that is a separate download in the LOINC distribution.
- Truncation of some Long Common Names from the Eating Disorder Diagnostic Scale (EDDS) have been fixed.
- Continuing work to change property for ACnc/Ord terms from ACnc to Pr or Threshold
- Added Example and UCUM units to over 2,000 quantitative terms in the Clinical domain
New table in LOINC Table Changes database shows changes only to key fields
Notice of changes to the public LOINC data files for the June 2015 Release
RELMA version 6.6
RELMA now sends new LOINC term requests directly to Regenstrief.
The biggest new feature we added in this release is the ability to send new term requests directly to Regenstrief. No more manually attaching Access database files to emails! You'll need to use you loinc.org credentials to login. (If you'd prefer to email them, you can. Just look for the setting on the Submissions tab of the User Preferences screen).
The details pages are even better
- All of the details pages have been enhanced with hyperlinks. LOINC codes, LOINC part numbers, and LOINC answer numbers are displayed as hyperlinks that will take you to the details page for that content. Super awesome!
- Also, there's a bit of an easter egg hidden for you on these detail pages. If you want to copy the LOINC number to the clipboard. Clicking on the LOINC code in the upper left of the screen will automatically highlight the whole code for you! Sweet stuff.
- The Answer string "LA" codes are now displayed in the list of answers in the answer search screen.
- PART status is now displayed on the PART detail pages.
- Linguistic variant information is now displayed on the PART detail pages.
Tap the wisdom of the crowd when mapping your terms to LOINC
Also, please consider contributing your local code to LOINC mappings back to the shared repository, either using RELMA itself or just sending them to us in a spreadsheet.
- Brand new for this release: French (BELGIUM)
- Also updated in this release:
- Chinese (CHINA)
- Russian (RUSSIAN FEDERATION)
- French (CANADA)
- Italian (ITALY)