64388-2PhenX - balance protocol 170801Trial
The One Leg Stand from the Health, Aging and Body Composition (Health ABC) Study is an examiner-administered test to evaluate a person's balance. A technician asks the participant to maintain his/her balance by standing on one foot as long as possible, up to 30 seconds. The participant may choose which foot to stand on. One or two trials are attempted, depending on the participant's willingness and how long he/she can maintain his/her balance.
A technician provides instructions, follows a script, demonstrates how to perform the test, uses a stopwatch to time the person, and enters the result on a form. Results are entered to the hundredth of a second. Portions of this protocol that are specific to the Health ABC study have been removed to avoid confusion. This protocol has been validated in individuals 70 years and older; the Skin, Bone, Muscle and Joint Working Group suggests that it may also be used in people in their 60s. The Skin, Bone, Muscle and Joint Working Group recommends that the participant complete the One Leg Stand with their eyes open.
Source: Regenstrief LOINC
||Example UCUM Units
||PhenX - balance protocol 170801
||Leg stand attempt [PhenX]
||Time participant holds position during first one leg stand
- PhenX - balance protocol 170801
- Short Name
- Balance proto
- First Released
- Version 2.36
- Last Updated
- Version 2.66
- Change Reason
- Updated the PhenX ID from "PhenX.<ID>" to "PX<ID>" in Survey Question Source field to align with the variable identifier used in the PhenX Toolkit.; Added the PhenX protocol ID to the Component to clearly define the protocol version for which this panel is based upon.
- Panel Type
||Consensus measures for Phenotypes and Exposures
||National Institutes of Health. National Institute on Aging. The Health, Aging and Body Composition (Health ABC) Study. Operations Manual Volume XIII. One Leg Stand. 2007.
Member of these Panels
||Long Common Name
||PhenX domain - Skin, bone, muscle and joint
Language Variants Get Info
- zh-CNChinese (China)
- PhenX - 平衡方案 170801:-:时间点:^患者:-:PhenX
- it-ITItalian (Italy)
- PhenX - equilibrio, protocollo:-:Pt:^Paziente:-:PhenX
- ru-RURussian (Russian Federation)
- PhenX - равновесие протокол:-:ТчкВрм:^Пациент:-:PhenX
- es-MXSpanish (Mexico)
- PhenX - protocolo de equilibrio 170801:-:Punto temporal:^ Paciente:-:PhenX
Copyright © 2022 Regenstrief Institute, Inc. All Rights Reserved. To the extent included herein, the LOINC table and LOINC codes are copyright © 1995-2022, Regenstrief Institute, Inc. and the Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) Committee. See https://loinc.org/license for the full LOINC copyright and license.