Interested in joining this committee?
See the prerequisites and apply for membership.
|Member Name||Member Type|
|Daniel Vreeman||Ex officio|
|LOINC Content Development||Ex officio|
|W. Ted Klein||Individual|
To facilitate the development and use of the LOINC Document Ontology, which provides the framework for naming and classifying clinical documents in an organized, logical way as well as allowing for efficient data retrieval using the structured document properties. This Committee reviews new Document Ontology axis value proposals from various submitters as well as discusses any LOINC modeling questions that arise related to this framework.
The responsibilities of the Chair of the Document Ontology Subcommittee include:
- Organizing the Subcommittee
- Assist in facilitating logistics for Subcommittee meetings (supported by the Secretariat)
- Conducting Subcommittee meetings
- Preparing and announcing agendas
- Supporting the Secretariat in documenting and disseminating meeting minutes
- Being a consistent active participant in Subcommittee discussions
- Providing reports to the Clinical LOINC Committee (and Regenstrief as necessary) on their activity
- Serve as liaison to other organizations and standardization efforts
Appointment of the Chair role of the Document Ontology LOINC Subcommittee are made by the designated authority at the Regenstrief Institute.
The Secretariat will announce a call for nominations for the Offices to the Committee membership. Nominees shall be drawn from active Clinical LOINC Committee members at the time of the announcement. If appropriate candidates are not available within the active membership, the pool of candidate nominees may be expanded.
The Chair serves a renewable three-year term. Active officers must be Members of the LOINC Committee.