|Member Name||Member Type|
|Daniel Vreeman||Ex officio|
|LOINC Content Development||Ex officio|
The purpose of the Nursing LOINC Subcommittee is to provide LOINC codes for observations at key stages of the nursing process, including assessments, goals, and outcomes, and to meet the needs for administrative and regulatory data related to nursing care.
The responsibilities of the Chair of the Nursing Subcommittee include:
- Organizing the Subcommittee
- Assist in facilitating logistics for Subcommittee meetings (supported by the Secretariat)
- Conducting Subcommittee meetings
- Preparing and announcing agendas
- Supporting the Secretariat in documenting and disseminating meeting minutes
- Being a consistent active participant in Subcommittee discussions
- Providing reports to the Clinical LOINC Committee (and Regenstrief as necessary) on their activity
- Serve as liaison to other Nursing organizations and standardization efforts
Appointment of the Chair role of the Nursing LOINC Subcommittee are made by the designated authority at the Regenstrief Institute.
The Secretariat will announce a call for nominations for the Offices to the Committee membership. Nominees shall be drawn from active Clinical LOINC Committee members at the time of the announcement. If appropriate candidates are not available within the active membership, the pool of candidate nominees may be expanded.
The Chair serves a renewable three-year term. Active officers must be Members of the LOINC Committee.