The LOINC Conference is a new educational experience
Join LOINCers from around the globe at this special event featuring hands-on workshops and the public Clinical LOINC Committee Meeting. Whether you’re just getting started or are an experienced LOINCer you’ll learn how to take your LOINCing to the next level.
The push for clinical data interoperability is coming from many directions, and LOINC plays an essential role. At the workshop you'll learn what's necessary to implement LOINC into your systems.
We’ve massively retooled and expanded the LOINC Workshop to include keynotes and all-new sessions led by the LOINC team experts. Choose sessions that match your interests and experience at this in-person, hands-on event. Your workshop fee gives you complete access to all the sessions.
Hear the latest updates and discuss key issues at the Public Clinical LOINC Committee Meeting on Thursday. As always, the Committee Meeting remains free and open to the public. You may also attend this meeting remotely.
Workshop attendees are encouraged to attend the committee meeting for a first-hand involvement with LOINC's development.
Choice of Workshop Sessions
Access to recordings and slides after event
In-person access to LOINC experts
CME Credit (5.5 hours)
Networking with other LOINC users
Exclusive LOINC swag
Best practices for implementing LOINC
Experts to guide you
Every workshop session is led by LOINC experts. You'll be face-to-face with the people who build and use the standard, and they're eager to help you learn how to use LOINC. Straight from the horse's (pig's) mouth, so to speak.
We've organized the sessions with plenty of time to address your specific questions.
We're excited to offer a range of hands-on training sessions, with each one led by top LOINCers. Review the entire schedule and find the options that best fits your needs. During registration, you will select the sessions you plan to attend.
Registration is now closed
Clinical Committee Meeting
The Clinical LOINC Committee convenes on the second day of the conference to hear updates on LOINC adoption and discuss key issues for LOINC development and implementation. All are welcome to attend.
Registration is now closed
- We suggest reserving a room in one of the hotels in Murray or Salt Lake City. Intermountain Healthcare has a list of local hotels (see "Guest Housing" section).
- Lunch and continental breakfast will be provided.
What to bring with you
- This is a hands-on workshop. All participants should bring a laptop computer to get the most from the exercises and available help.
- Before the event you will need to download and install RELMA on your computer. RELMA only runs on Windows. Mac users can run Windows in a virtual environment; see our detailed instructions.
- You should also bring a delimited-text (e.g. a tab delimited or CSV file) or Excel version of your local terms (e.g., your test list). This file must contain the test code and test description. For quantitative measures, be sure to include the units of measure. See Dr. Vreeman's instructions for preparing your lab source file for mapping.
- This new workshop format is limited to in-person attendees only. We will be introducing a series of online learning opportunities later in 2018.
- As usual, you may choose to attend the LOINC Committee Meeting remotely. Webinar access will be provided after registration.
- We utilize GoToWebinar for live streaming of the committee meeting. If you have not previously used GoToWebinar, you may need to download and install the free software. It is available for most computers and mobile devices.
Salt Lake City photo credit: Douglas Pulsipher