Are Items' Related Names in RELMA.MDB?

Home Forums Welcome to the LOINC User Forum General Discussion Are Items' Related Names in RELMA.MDB?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Chong
    Participant

Each LOINC item has an associated list of Related Names in its description/details. Some of the Related Names appear to come from the item parts.

Component Property Time System Scale Method
    Parathyrin Imp Pt Ser/Plas Nar

But, where do the others in Related Names list come from? E.g. the Related Names for parathyrin are:

Chemistry Parathyroid hormone SerP
    Impression Pl SerPl
    Impression/interpretation of study Plasma SerPlas
    Impressions Plsm Serum
    Interp Point in time Serum or plasma
    Interpretation PTH SR
    Narrative Random
    Parathormone Report

For every item, are Related Names stored somewhere? If they are in RELMA.MDB, where? Are some of them dynamically generated? Some, like “Parathyroid hormone” don’t appear to be algorithmically generated.

Pam Banning
    Participant

Hello Thomas

there are many valuable fields in the LOINC.MDB, and it has changed usages over time. I believe you are referring to RELATEDNAME2 field. RELMA’s development came a while after LOINC began; there could be tables within both that work together in the platform.

Have a great week,

Pam

Thomas Chong
    Participant

Thank you very much, Pam! The RELATEDNAME2 field is exactly what we are looking for.

I previously opened and browsed almost every table but overlooked that field in the big LOINC table. After your helpful reply, I added a public domain Visual Basic script to search the field names in all tables (http://allenbrowne.com/ser-73.html) and located it immediately.

-T

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.