Getting started with LOINC

Home Forums Welcome to the LOINC User Forum General Discussion Getting started with LOINC

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Samuel McCash 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Daniel Vreeman

Victor Smith
    Participant

hi all,

We successfully downloaded and used latest version of Loinc (loinc 3.2) at our business

Naturopath Brisbane

thanks all.

lelan
    Participant

Hi

1. Lab testing must be ordered by a licensed health care professional or that person’s authorized designee. and See the LOINC User’s Guide for more info

2. NO

3. You should also be aware that there is an important difference between the LOINC database and the database that the RELMA program uses. The RELMA database is covered by different license and terms-of-use.

source: https://hptraining.edu.vn/khoa-hoc/khoa-hoc-do-hoa

Samuel McCash
    Participant

Hello,

I’m very new to LOINC and learning as much as I can since our LIS is going to be coming online in the near future, and we want LOINC to be a part of it.

Where is the best place to get started to better understand the uploading of LOINC information into an LIS. I have gone through the Essentials, but still not quite understanding what that process is. Also, we recently got a file from our reference laboratory (Mayo) with information on our send out tests, but it DID NOT contain the LOINC codes. If they had a file that did contain their LOINC codes, how would one upload that into the LIS? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sam

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.