Order panel standardization

Home Forums Laboratory LOINC Laboratory Order Panels Order panel standardization

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pam Banning 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Vincent Ng
    Participant

Dear colleagues,

My institute is trying to standardize laboratory ordering panels, by mapping the current orders to LOINC panels. However, we had a difficult time finding exact-matching panels, given we follow the business rules for best practices in the LOINC manual and the R/O/C constrains, e.g. our electrolyte panel contains  all but not 2075-0   Chloride [Moles/​volume] in Serum or Plasma

We note that there are convenience panels like: 54040-1  HEDIS 2009 Codes to identify LDLc screening (CDC-H), which appeared to be more lenient and adaptive. We would like to seek for your advice on the implementation and see if we could submit our panels for consideration. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Pam Banning
    Participant

Hi Vincent,

I don’t know how I missed this, very sorry for the delay. Regenstrief has asked for feedback on a particular LOINC Order Panel through the Contact Us page under submissions. I have already turned in feedback on Electrolytes and Arterial Blood gases. They have not been addressed as yet.
    Best regards,
    Pam Banning
    3M Health Information Systems
    pdbanning@mmm.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.