As I have been working to map LOINC codes to our Lab Test Dictionary, I have noticed at times that related LOINC terms are missing some specimen types we utilize. For Example,
1) 62238-1 Glomerular filtration rate/1.73 sq M.predicted by Creatinine-based formula (CKD-EPI). Need a code for whole blood.
2) 10501-5 Lutropin [Units/volume] in Serum or Plasma. Need a code for body fluid.
3) 59472-1 Calcium.ionized [Mass/volume] adjusted to pH 7.4 in Arterial blood by Ion-selective membrane electrode (ISE). Need a code for whole blood.
4) 14334-7 Lithium [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma. Need a code for body fluid.
5) 2839-9 Progesterone [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma. Need a code for body fluid.
Is there any way to have a streamlined submission process to clone an existing LOINC code to add another specimen type? The submission process described on the web site seems onerous for the situations described above.