Quick Start Guide for Mapping to Laboratory LOINC
Guide for Using LOINC Chemistry Terms
Guide for Using LOINC Microbiology Terms
Sign up to participate in the next round of guide creation and testing!
We are embarking on a two-year project to create guides for using LOINC terms across six laboratory domains. As with the Guide for Using LOINC Microbiology Terms published in 2018, these new resources will help laboratories map their individual tests or catalogs within these fields to appropriate LOINC terms according to best practice.
We need help from subject matter experts to review the contents of these guides as well as laboratories and/or IVD vendors willing to serve as pilot sites.
The scope of these roles is as follows:
- Read the first draft of the guide and provide comments using an online feedback page;
- Review and provide feedback on a subsequent revision;
- We anticipate that each guide will take 8-10 hours to review.
- Map 40-50 of your lab tests to LOINC and share these with the Regenstrief LOINC team before receiving a draft copy of the guide;
- Review the same 40-50 tests using a draft version of the guide, confirm each mapping or update as necessary, and share these with the LOINC team;
- Provide feedback on the guide using an online feedback page;
- We anticipate that all of this work will take a total of 30-40 hours to complete;
- BONUS: the LOINC team will review your mappings and provide you with feedback.
Please sign up below indicating your interest as either a reviewer or pilot site for one or more domains
You can sign up to be both a reviewer and a pilot site as long as it is for different domains, e.g., reviewer for Chemistry and Allergy, and pilot site for Cell Markers. We will contact you as the time frames near. Note that the dates below are approximate.