RELMA® is the Regenstrief LOINC Mapping Assistant
Regenstrief Institute provides a Windows-based mapping utility called RELMA for searching the LOINC database and mapping local codes to LOINC codes.
Like the LOINC database, this program is available for free.
We have placed the RELMA software in a maintenance mode as we prepare for its future discontinuation. RELMA will continue to be updated with each LOINC release but no new features will be added. Instead, its functions such as viewing hierarchies and term mapping will be migrated to web-based applications. We do not yet have a timetable for RELMA's end of life.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this status, please contact us.
Take advantage of RELMA's powerful features
RELMA is not just for searching the LOINC database. It's optimized to help you identify and map your local terms to LOINC codes.
Here's how RELMA helps you get LOINCing:
- Quickly import a set of local terms either from your test catalog file or a sample of HL7 messages
- Viewing the all the relevant details about a particular LOINC, and even other local tests from our community repository that have been mapped to that LOINC term
- Search for LOINC terms in any of the available linguistic variants
- Request new LOINC codes from Regenstrief
- Search and map to LOINC codes even without an internet connection
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP3 or greater (You can install RELMA on a Mac via virtualization)
- At least 1GB of RAM
- At least 2GB of available disk space
- Administrative access is required to install the program. No special privileges are required to run the program.
Which should I use?
If you are curious about LOINC and just want to explore, our browser-based tool is the best place to start. More Info
If you want to search the database and map your local codes to LOINC, we recommend downloading and installing RELMA.
These aren't mutually exclusive. Use either depending on your needs at the moment.